Wedding

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bye Bye Computer

So last week was going fairly well, not a lot of homework due and I got to be lazy. I was enjoying the slow week after the craziness of the previous week...that is until Wednesday night. So I was just browsing the internet kinda messing around and all of the sudden I hear a soft noise, I look down and there is smoke coming out of the keyboard on my laptop, but the computer didn't shut off. This freaked me out a bit so I turned it off as quick as possilble, unplugged it and pulled out the battery then like with everything else called my dad to let him know. I think I have this undoubting feeling that even though my dad is hundreds of miles away he can fix any of my problems instantly as long as I call him right away. So it's like almost 11 o'clock which is ten in Cali and I call him freaking out and tell him what happened and he stays calm and asks if I have unplugged it and turned it off and taken out the battery then tells me "well there's nothing you can do about it tonight; we'll make sure we get you another one". So then I call Jesse who can't do anything either to tell him and I'm pretty sure waking him up so that he can calm me down and make me feel better and he did. The only problem that was really left for the night was that my house smelled like burning wires which just caused me to be continually annoyed with the fact that my computer had just died.
As I got to class on Thursday morning I ask a guy(Matt) I know if he knows much about computers and he says kinda but that he has a friend that works on them and asks why. I explain to him what happened the night before and tell him that I have another computer that is the same model but also has minor problems. Luckily he says his buddy will fix it cheap. So I met my sis for dinner on Friday and she brought me her computer. So I see Matt again today in class and ask him about his friend fixing the computer and he says he's going to see him after class. So after class he is nice and drives me to my car (I park a ways away from the building because I didn't buy a parking pass) waits as I get the computers out and then drives me back to the building for my next class.
I just got done taking a test and began to walk down the three flights of stairs in the building and realized I had no computer at home so as I was hitting the bottom of the stairs I stood in the stair well and pondered about whether or not I wanted to climb back up the stairs for the 4th time today. After standing there for about two minutes I decided that I might as well come back up and do some homework on the computer at school so that I can get done with it. So here I am just as the clouds are beginning to clear and the sun is coming out at four in the afternoon (its been rainy and dreary all day). So now I'm just hoping that Matt will call or txt me tonight and let me know about the stupid computer! Anyway this is my drearyness and ranting because I don't know what to do at home without a computer and I don't particullarly like sitting in the computer lab at school.

No comments: