Wedding

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm a 23 year old with braces...

So after six months of braces my bottom teeth finally have enough space between them to take the dreaded coil (spring) out that went across the front of my bottom teeth... I'm elated. The dang spring has embedded itself into my lower lip, there is now a scar from it you can see all the little coil marks that it made. The good thing is that today I went to the orthodontist, where I am always the about the oldest person in the waiting room excluding parents, and they took the stupid thing out. I can barely even tell there is anything sticking out on my teeth now except that they put a thicker wire on so they are a little bit tight which I can deal with. I realize that it is silly that I post a blog about this but if you were 23 with braces you might be just as happy as I am.
I really shouldn't complain about the braces as my teeth were not terribly bad before I had them put on but it does make me remember what I was also going to post about them. I am always entertained by the fact that countless people notice that I have braces...then ask me about them...then without fail flash their incredibly crooked and out of place teeth and say "I'm so glad I never needed braces"! I will admit that not everyone that says this has bad teeth but I am amazed at how many people have teeth about ten times as bad as mine were before I got the braces say it. Maybe it makes them feel a little better about themselves I don't know but it always kinda makes me laugh inside because I can't really say anything to that. This may not be at all funny to anyone else but to me they would be better off not saying anything just notice my ugly braces and go on about your day.
Ok I am done with my silliness and just want to say that I am actually happy to have these dreaded things that most people get at the latest in high school because when they come off I know my teeth will be beautiful and I have already seen quite a major improvement.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That's so funny!!

I never thought it was weird that you have braces. I can't believe people actually say stuff like that. Some people's children...

I guess you wrote this before your computer died. Hope you get it fixed soon!